Wednesday, December 02, 2009

Thanksgiving 2009


 For thanksgiving I made pies for my family Davids family and a few for some neighbors Mequette is known as the pie queen, in the berntsen clan, so trying it by my self for the first time was a little intimidating. But once i started to do it i found it was pretty easy except for all of the time that goes into them . But while i was making the pies ketty came into the house often to check on my progress. In the end they turned out wonderful !! I am turning into Marie Calander.


When I was making my dads gluten free pies the crust consistancy was just like home made mashed potatoes it felt so so gross !!

 
 I tried to think of a way to decorate the pies so I looked in the bottom drawer in the kitchen and I found some cookie cutters that were letters. So I put thanks on one then leaves and acorns on the other they turned out so pretty. I got so many compliments on how they turned out but the true test would be the taste test .
 

 
All the while while I am making the pies Evia was all smiles and was so patient while mamma created  I was having so much fun and she was so active she eventually wore herself out from kicking and talking.

 

After visiting my mumsey and papsey we went over to paul and joanns for thanksgiving dinner .We walked in and it was decorated so cute, everyone had a pumkin with their name on it beautiful candlesticks and a centerpeice of berries. And the china was so pretty I was afraid to eat off of itbefore dinne though I fed Evia who was very fussy and then put her to bed while David tried to get her to sleep I played a game of checkers with my nephew Tanner. Sadly to say he killed me at this game I haven't played checkers for years so I was very rusty.



I loved being with the tanner family everyone was so relaxed And it was so nice Davids grandma and grandpa were there and davids aunt Jenny. So excited to see jenny because she just got engaged she was so excited to let everyone see her ring and she was absolutly glowing, it was nice to see her so so happy. Not only did local family come but davids brother chris and sister in law brittany came up from arizona along with their two pooches.




 

 

 

My Pies  were a hit after dinner but one of the pies did not get eaten because people did not want to ruin the prettiness of the pie. We did all sorts of stuff after the turkey wore off we played boggle operation david and chris had manly wrestling time and david lost .And we watched charlie brown thanksgiving and davids Brother nate took a big family portrait. Evia was playing musical chairs, but with  family members ,she was not to happy. Then to  end the night we watched some old tanner slides I love watching family movies and slides it is so fun seeing what davids family was like when they were little. It was such a good thanksgiving and it was nice to get closer with the tanners.




 
I found this outfit for three dollars at carters it looked so cute on her i just wish she would have had more time to wear it. I am feeling so greatful for family a place to sleep that is warm. I am so blessed to have a b\healthy daughter and a husband who loves me and works so hard. I am glad david has a job for many people don't have jobs now . I am greatful for wonderful parents who guide and influence and let us choose for ourselves.I am very greatful for the knowlage of the gospel so me and david can have an eternal family, and someday come to meet our savior We love you all and for those who could not be with us we love you  and
HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!


2 comments:

  1. you are making me hungry...stop-my niece is so cute-I can't wait to hold her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pies look superb! I wasn't that patient to make them look so pretty...very cute. I wish we could have been there to celebrate Thanksgiving with everyone. We love you guys.

    ReplyDelete