Sunday, December 13, 2009

The Nutcracker



David took me on a wonderful date to the nutcracker at capital theater. I have heard nutcracker music for years but I have never seen the actual ballet. I was so excited and i got all dolled up in my going away dress I got  for the wedding it still fit yay. When we got down there it took us forever to find parking we finally found parking in an underground lot and davids car barly cleared the pipes underground. I was glad david had me on his arm i kept slipping all over the place we walked over to capital theater to be greeted by a high school singing on the balcony . It brought back memories of chamber quire. there were giant nutcrakers and a huge tree to take pictures by. We were surrounded by little girls dressed in fur coats and velvet dresses. I cannot wait to take evia when she gets bigger. I could not wait for the ballet  to start. once the music started I got butterflies I was so excited  it was so magical I felt like a little girl and I was mesmerized by beautiful costumes and incredible music.







 This scene was my favorite  they actually made it look like it was snowing it was so beautiful. It was like watching a dream. The women and men both moved with such elegance and grace,no wonder so many girls watch this ballet and want to become ballerinas when they grow up.



This was one of the best dates david has taken me on I was enjoying myself so much it was nice to have it be just me and him. But still at the back of my mind I was wishing Evia was old enough to see the ballet


I watched this and it truly is very athletic which I never thought it really was  but then again I remember when my sister breanna did point  and she came home with bruised  and bleeding feet , true dedication to do something that you love.It all ended so soon and I wish it could have lasted longer. after the ballet david took me to an italian restaurant called Bucca Di Beppos I was  walking into the restaurant thinking hey this will look just like the olive garden little did I know. As  soon  as we entered we were bombarded by family pictures strangly decorated statues, knick knacks and christmas light running around the entire restaurant. There was so much to see and david was very entertained  by my reaction. The waitress took us up the stairs and at the top of the stairs we were standing in a small room that was a rotunda  it is called the pope room.


as you can see from this photograph you can see why they called it the pope room as we walked towards the table we were greeted by  a bust of the pope on the table  kind of creepy. When we sat down david told me the bathrooms were really cool so I went to the little ladies room to "freshen up" it was facing two elegant mirrors and the floor was covered in hexagon floor  tiles and the walls were covered in brasere advertisments and rose wallpaper . My sister Breanna would have a fit she  would love this place the next time they come down me and david want to take them there . David started to laugh as I walked out he said my face look stunned which I was this restaurant was the bomb. Not only are they the bomb in decor but also in food it is family size so you order a plate and it is enough to feed four we had fettucine and chicken parmesan and had plenty of leftovers for the next day. after dinner we asked for a tour we went to several other strangly decorated rooms such as this one .

 The ceiling was decorated with old movie advertisments  and  of course italian table cloths.We also saw the cardinal room the passion room  and some other rooms the last stop was the kitchen that is right the kitchen we were allowed to walk around the kitchen I was flabergasted to see the chef cooking he waved and a waitress told me not to be scared but to look around . There was also a table in the kitchen where you could enjoy your meal as well . I left wishing and kicking myself that I had not brought my camera this was the coolest restaurant I have ever been in. My mumsey and papsey were so sweet to watch Evia but I felt bad that she was such a pill for them .This date was a breath of fresh air

1 comment:

  1. oh how fun isnt the nutcracker amazing!-and that restaurant looks super cool!

    ReplyDelete