Thursday, December 10, 2009

The Wonders of Snow



We are surrounded by such beautiful things and around this time of year how can we not be grateful for those little things that heavenly father creates. Have you seen old christmas movies and have seen the old windows covered in the corners with beautiful frost . People even buy the fake spray snow to spray on thier windows to do that  same effect. We even used the fake snow as kids to decorate our windows at my parents house.Well this morning I woke up andpulled up the kitchen blind and our  window was covered in beautiful ice!! It was so cool I have always wanted to try this and it just came naturally.It was like I was living in Christmas carol. This also reminded me of fantasia when the fairies ice skate on a pond and on leaves to frost them for winter, me and my sisters loved how magical it seemed that fairies would  frost windows and were also snowflakes. For some silly reason I got the biggest thrill from this small little act of nature .

 

Another thing I love about the snow is how it sparkles like diamonds when the light hits it just right. Well after being fascinated by the kitchen windows I went outside to get the mail and was stunned.  I saw how  the snow had made everything look so beautiful and pure. This is a picture I took right outside our door.




I can't wait till I can decorate our cool lamp post outside with a wreath it will look so pretty.Another christmas carol moment.



Here is another beautiful thing that many times we seem to overlook we usually just walk past these small things when we need to stop and remember who created it.




A Little bird likes to hang out under our awning on our porch and he left little  foot prints in the snow how beautiful is that!!




And This is one of our christmas decorations it is a tree with plastic jewels  and the light sneaked in our blinds and hit the jewels just right to create little blue specks on our walls. It reminded me of Pollyanna and the rainbow makers she  made from crystals. Well  we have more fun Christmas posts to come of tree decorating and cookie making  snowmen etc. But today I hope you like seeing some of the small things that usually in the end impact and influence us the most things that are here one moment and then gone the next.


1 comment: