Sunday, April 25, 2010


My Old House


This is my Great grandparents house my grandpa lived there  and my mom and dad eventually started their family there as well I spent a few years in this house and as we  drove up memories I  have not remembered came flooding in. A week or so ago grandpa offered me and David something if we wanted to we could fix up the house and  make it livable and then  we could live there rent free as long as we are going to school. We would still have to pay for utilities. We still have to go through our finances and see if it would be cheaper than our rental house.We would love to give it a try. And try  new start to our family.







Here is our old backyard  and back door



Here is our old room it still has the  care bear wall paper on the ceiling and on the closet door!!









This room I remember the most besides the outside and the kitchen . The seagull wallpaper seemed so familiar.


Grandpa said Aunt susie picked out the tile gorgeous huh?




In the kitchen are the curtains my mom made that are still hanging up in the window they are so old they are see through . I remember chasing bree through the kitchen  and into the living room through the swinging kitchen doors.




There are violets now overpowering the pavers on the side of the house


There is a small alley on the side of the house I remember playing hide and seek with dad and having dad jump from behind this corner of the house.such good memories and hard working parents that made a home out of nothing. They gave us the best start and some of the best memories  as we started out as a family and I hope I can start out our family in the same way

2 comments:

  1. guys i totally think you should fix up the house! It just seems like something you guys would be great at! really I can totally picture you there. This brought back so many memories- I can't believe the seagull wallpaper is still there! I think you should fix er up david would be soo good at making it beautiful again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh and i love that picture of the door!

    ReplyDelete