Friday, April 30, 2010


Morning Walks


Every morning at eight thirty me and a few neighbor ladies take our kids on a walk. I am trying so hard to get into shape and this has helped motivate me alot so far i have lost six pounds.  I am the last person they pick up and we usually go to this beautiful cemetary by my house. It was freezing today and it started to snow during the walk but here are some pretty shots I took on our walk today. There is an alley that we go through to enter the mortuary and the fence line is covered in grape hyacinths. I love these flowers when we were little me and my sisters would make mudpies with the flowers in them, and we would tell my mom and dad that we were making blueberry pancakes.






Evia all bundled up for the ride.




There are alot of old freemason graves I liked the emblem on this particular one .
and yesterday we found some graves from the depression and a Vietnam Vet who had died serving  our country and won a purple heart.




These are some of the few older  headstones that are above ground but for the most part the rest of the mortuary has flat gravestones. So sometimes the graveyard doesn't even seem like one it feels more like a peaceful park.





Ever since my sisters have passed away I have deep respect for these places. To me these places are sacred and should be treated with respect . So every time we go if we see an  grave ornament that has fallen over or a vase or a flag is crooked we try to go fix it.



No comments:

Post a Comment