Monday, April 12, 2010


Great Grandpas House 
Some things never change




 If only my mom and dad were feeling good the whole gang would have been there  and the three best men in the world would have been there




In my grandpas bedroom there are two lights on nightstands and ever since I was little I remember grandmas necklaces hanging from the prongs. They are still hanging there even though grandma has been gone for a while. It still feels like I will see her coming in the door when I walk in that room.


Here is my beautiful grandma and I have been told I look like her so much.



Grandpa always tells us he grew up in the great Depression and so he is used to saving everything  every penny counts. and ever since we were little whenever we would visit  the shelves were full of jars filled with nickels pennies dimes and quarters even the teapots and china bowls had coins in them.




Grandpas Kitchen is full of so many memories we had baths in his sink made pies and pizza. Lots of meals made with grandpas love were made in this kitchen. it is pretty much the same kitchen from when they moved into that house. there are pink metal cabinets, star wallpaper, and linoleom floors.






Some of the best memories that I have are of us traveling down to salt lake after church. I have the way to grandpas house memerized. I  could drive there backwards and forwards and blindfolded. Grandpa and grandma and aunt marilyn always tried to put a nice tablecloth on and used  china for even the most simple dinner.






Hanging out with a stud muffin



I loved seeing the contrast of evias smooth chubby hands to grandpas worn working hands. You can tell a true man  by how hard he works and that is reflected in my grandpas hands. He worked hard loved his family and tried to give them what they needed.



1 comment:

  1. these pictures make me cry- i miss that house so much. can i use some of these pictures on my blog cac?

    ReplyDelete