Sunday, April 15, 2012


Selling the Exterra



We sold our Exterra to a man who was giving the car to his son for his 16th birthday. We were glad to find out the kid is into offroading and lots of outdoor activities. I decided to take evia out to take some pics and when i put her in the drivers seat and said that the exterra was going away she lost it and started to bawl it was so funny I tried not to laugh but then i realized there were some fun memories with this car So silly as i may be being pregnant and already emotional i starte to get a little teary to. So here are a few memories i wanted to share.


Many fun offroading trips and a wonderful camping trip p to bountiful peak lets just say alot of mud on the wheels of this car. The picture below I gave david this little heart sticker while we were engaged so when he drove around he could think of me. we have brought home many groceries and christmas gifts and have had tons of fun dates in this car.


We brought home our first child in this car she looked so small in the car and now her feet can reach the back of davids seat. Evia gave the car a hug and kiss before the guy came to pick it up it was so cute I had no idea she was so attatched.


Evia wanted to drive it so I gave her the keys how cute is that seeing her trying to unlock the door

We drove to our wedding and reception in this car and when we left it was decked out in yellow smily faces to match the car. When we came back from our honey moon we had used all of our money we had ony a handful of change and when we went to get out of the airport we gave the park and ride attendant a walmart gift card to pay for our time there, I remember we were so embarrassed but it was something I will never forget.

David took me for our first date in this car . When he pulled up in this cool yellow car I smiled and was impressed he had earned it himself and it seemed so bold and gutsy which was so different from the guy I knew in seminary and pottery in high school. It was really hot not gonna lie. Later on he sacrificed time and energy to drive all the way up to rexburg idaho to visit me at school . One week he came to visit me and he was supposed to stay at my uncles house since boys arent allowed to sleep at the apartment. we wnet to my uncles house and everything was locked and it was midnight. He didnt't answer so perplexed as what to do david volunteered to sleep in his car, now I want you ton know this was in january and it was in the negative degrees. I was afraid he might freeze but david gave me a huge smile and said it would be an adventure he took me home and went to a nearby church parking lot to sleep for the night. Luckily david had a sleeping bag in the back and he stayed nice and warm. But later in the night while he was asleep he heard a tapping on his window it was a cop shining his light in davids face he asked " Are you still alive in there?" David chuckled and laughed and said ya I am he then explained to the officer what had happened they laughed and the cop went on his way. It was so funny to hear this story the next morning I knew then he truly cared about me that was love. So here is an ode to you exterra Thanks for all the good times!!

1 comment: