Thursday, August 19, 2010


HAPPY BIRTHDAY EVIA!!



 The day before Evia was born my OBGYN  put me on bed rest. I was having Braxton Hicks contra tion due to Dehydration and my blood pressure was high, and I was dialated to 3cm. I was told to take it easy and that evening I headed home bummed that I had to be bed ridden for 3 weeks little did I know our little Evia would be here sooner than we thought. As we went to bed we got to bed around Midnight . Around 1  o clock in the morning I woke up cause I started to feel severe back pain and it was getting even worse I tired to brush it off. We had already gone in several times only to find I was dehydrated  and that was causing Braxton hicks. So I drank alot of water and slipped into a bath to help ease the pain . Usually a bath would have helped but there was no change . So i went back to bed for a little bit but then around 2 o clock I knew something was different the pain had spread down to my tail bone. it was then I knew  that this was the real thing. I tried waking david up and the first thing he asked me was "hon are you sure ? did you drink some water  to help? As soon as i told him i drank a ton of water and it did nothing he sat upright in bed and we got dressed to go to the hospital. The pain felt like svere cramps and every bump hurt so david slowed down a bit. We came to one of the main intersections and nobody was around  and the light was red for at least five minutes Finally I told david to run the light we needed to get to the hospital Now.So David drove through the red light and sped up the hill to the hospital. Once we got there we were guided to a room in the maternity ward and was put on a bed. We were one of the only people  there. as they hooked me up to the heart monitor machines a nurse checked to see  how close I was all of a sudden she jumped back and said I was 10 cm.  At that moment I knew she had accidentally broke my water when she was checking me. As the nurses found out I was at 10 cm  nurses came in from everywhere and I was being monitored like  crazy they thought Evia was coming right then. They checked my heart beat and only heard one heartbeat that was so scary. this concerned the nurses and they were trying to keep me calm . Then I heard her heartbeat I sighed relief, after they found her heartbeat another nurse checked me and it turns out I was only at a six. So now that I was more stable i got into a gown and me and david walked to the birthing  part of the hospital, which luckily was just down the hallway. I was put in my room and we called my parents and davids parents to let them know my family soon came so they could see their first granddaughter be born. All I was hoping for was she would be healthy and that the anesthesiologist who would give me my epidural . The pain was getting worse and david did his best to keep me preoccupied. as soon as the anesthesiologist came in the room I was so releived . The pain was searing down my back and all I wanted to do was push but I was only now at a 7 so I had to wait. Boy when he put the needle in I was terrified , it hurt so bad but i just wanted the back pain to go away. and soon after the epidural was in I started to feel alot more relaxed soon I could not feel my toes and then my legs. Boy it was heaven it was such a relif to have the pain gone. soon Doctor Marriot came in and checked me and said I would soon be ready by that time my family was there and I was getting so excited but scared. David got all scrubbed out and soon it was time to push I did really well with the breathing and stayed really calm so I would not get hurt. I pushed about 10 times and before I knew it I saw doctor Marriot holding my beautiful little girl she had such blonde hair she had white hair! I was expecting a brunette but she was defineatly a tanner. She was the most beautiful thing I have ever seen . After David cut the umbilical cord she was wheeled off to be cleaned  I was waiting to hear her cry when she got to the table she started to holler and boy she had a set of lungs on her. Both doctor rose and Dr. Marriot said she sure was a screamer and that she was absoltuly healthy. It turns out I was in labor for about three hours  she was born  at 6:05 A.M  she was 6 pounds 4 ounces and 18.5 inches long. I could not picture or imaging loving someone I had never held or met before until she was actually born . But as she was handed to me by david  I was officially a mother I loved her dearly and the only time I had felt more love was when Me and David had been Married and sealed for time and Eternity in the temple. This past year has had many memories and joys of being a mother and wife. She has made me laugh , cry and love more than I ever had. 
 
She has said her first word "Da Da" 
 
 
 
 
she has learned to go from a bottle to a sippy cup, 
 
 
 
 
she has gone from lounging around to sitting up, crawling  at 6 months to almost walking and has broke her first two teeth at 6 months.Aslo she got five teeth  all on her top gums at the same time!!
 
 


She has had her first Halloween Christmas, Easter and Fathers and Mother Day





she has learned to love books and loves turning the pages



she has learned to splash and  flood the bathroom




She loves  playing  and  rough housing


First jamba juice


We have experienced hikes, camping at Island park and  hitting a moose


So here is a day devoted to you my sweet girl happy first Birthday we love you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment