Tuesday, August 17, 2010


3D Design Final


For my design final i was trying to recreate my grandpas pharmacy , or what his desk might have looked like at his office. I did find an old bookcase and spent 6 hours painting it and making the paint bubble. i brought it home to work on it more and went into the house to have dinner i came out after dinner and the bookcase had fallen over and since it was not very good quality it broke in alot of areas. now the assignmnet was due the next day so i started to worry. so me and david and evie went to lowes to price out lumber and some peices were 80 dollars for one peice so I said we should try going to the DI and see if we could find something like a shelf . This is what we found it was a really cool headboard  and it had a varnish on it it was perfect. and guess what we got it for 10.00!! I was officially happy it was a blessing in disguise . When we got home  we proceeded to put legs on it and take the mirrors out. The funnest part was taking chains and hitting the headboard and burning off the varnish and here is what the finished product looked like.








We found old files , gelatin pill capsules, old books, and old pharmacy bottles and typewriter all at musser court it was old  vintage heaven!! Here are some more projects made for the final enjoy. This first one is my favorite I want to make one like this.

























No comments:

Post a Comment