Friday, May 21, 2010


The Attack of the Beanie Babies !!!


Today I did something I never thought I would do I pulled out all make a note all of my beanie babies and I cut the tags off. Now for those of you who have collected beanie babies such as me and my sister Mequette . We were told by many that if you rip off the tag the value of the beanie baby is pretty much nothing. I was breaking every rule in the book as I tore off each and every tag. I could not beleive what I was doing!! But now days beanie babies really are not worth anything at all so what the heck.!! When I first found out I was pregnant The first thing I ever bought Evia was a stuffed animal lamb from toys R us and when I put all her toys on the floor that is the thing she heads to first . So this afternoon the fate of a drooling slobbering nine month old  loomed over my beanie babies. She is so much like her aunt Ketty it is kinda scary. She loves loves loves animals!!
 so before these are destroyed and eaten by my nine month old here are a few of my favorites.


Goochy the jellyfish . When we were little my mom supported me and ketties collection so much that when we found out Mcdonalds  was promoting miniature TY beanie babies We all flipped.  We never went for the food and we went until they stopped promoting them we ate there just for the beany babies. And lo and behold I got two of my favorite animals. I also got another favorite and mini match called Neon the seahorse.


Tusks the Walrus Evia loved his fur!


Who's my little beanie baby?


Hissy the elastic snake he was fun cause I could wrap him around my moms old ficus tree in her room . I don't know how many times when mom was taking a nap that we would sneak in and kife the ficus to play pretend jungle with. So many good memories with these toys and now I want my daughter to enjoy them as well.


Look she blends right in


Magic the unicorn . When I can create my own world it will have unicorns


Rainbow the Chamelion the blue versions of this chamelion were supposed to be rare. I Rememeber one time me and my mom woke up at like 6 when i was little and we went to Friend Z's it was a craft birthday store by harmons and this was one of the best places to find unique beanie babies. We went there becacuse there was an auction going on because they were going out of business. Mequette was so so upset and we went to find her a very special beanie baby his name is Patches. To this day that dog is one of her fondest memories and she never lets anybody near it. But the other day Evia was sick and Aunt ketty let her sleep with him I was stunned she never let me play with him !! Here is a picture of that very dog only a newer and cleaner version.but anyway we were there forever until finally for the first time ever a berntsen won something!! and it was Patches.





Evia was having so much fun but soon she got overwhelmed by all the toys so she headed over to the trashcan to play with her reflection it was so cute she was waving at her reflection  and talking to herself.

1 comment: