Monday, May 10, 2010


My First Mothers Day!


I Cannot beleive it is already mothers day! I feel so privileged to be a mother and to be blessed with a wonderful happy daughter and fantastic Husband.  Some days I still cannot beleive I am a mother and I have become who I am today because of my own wonderful mother. She has sacrificed so much for her children and all she expects in return is our love and respect for her I respect and love my mother so dearly that I try every day to become like her. she has made  a huge impact in  what type of a woman I am. I know that when Evia is being watched by her that she will always be safe there is no other person I trust more with her besides my husband. So mom thankyou for all of you love and I hope someday I can show you how much I love you and cherish you.


Mothers Day morning I woke up to the smell of bacon and baby magic Evia was lying on my chest and as soon as I opened my eyes I saw her smile! I must say besides being woken up with a kiss from my hubbie waking up to my smiling daughter was the best.  David had picked some tulips from our garden and put them in a tiny vase on the nightstand. He tried to make it even more special by making french toast in the shape of hearts and by placing bacon and eggs to spell the best word in the world "MOM".  He had even forced our  poor daughter to scribble a mothers day note. He said she started to cry when he was trying to put marker on her hands to leave her signature on the card.  and when I looked at her hands Yep they were stained a purple pink. Now i had received my Mothers Day gift a little early we got new couches !! They are a cocoa color micro fiber and expresso leather on the bottom  they are so comfy and will last us a long time.





David also had the privilage of speaking in church he said he was so nervous!  But something was different when we got to church . There were primary and nursery kids running amuck in the hallways I soon found out that the elders quorum was taking over so that the women could come to Releif Society and Sunday school it was sweet but it was utter chaos. Davids mom and dad came  to hear David talk we even sat on the front row as soon as he got up I was a wreck  he talked about the importance of motherhood and how we shape our childrens lives he started to talk about me and I started crying even harder. I try so hard every day to be a good mom and it was good to hear what he thinks about my role as a mother. It was the icing on the cake then after church we went to the tanners to celebrate cinco de mayo and joanns birthday. It was very fun to be with the fam. after that we went to tell my mumsey happy mothers day I was surprised to see them watching lord of the rings when my mom is not a huge Sci Fi person. She has had horrible Kidney stones and my sister jokingly said mom was feeling so crummy she wouldn't even remember the movie . But my mum gave Evia some whipped cream evia just stuck her hand in it an put it in her mouth and she got it everywhere.



1 comment:

  1. Sounds like an awesome Mother's Day! I love the hand prints on the card. Aren't husbands and daughters wonderful! We just got a couch that I think is quite similar to yours.

    ReplyDelete