Monday, May 10, 2010


Mothers Day Weekend


Now some mother go shopping for mothers day or go to the spa but not me ! For my first mothers day me David and Our sweet Evie went down to my great grandparents house which where i also grew up. We went By the time we got supplies and tools and got stuff in the car it was 1:30. I was worried we would not get much done but for our fist time fixing up a house i think we did great. It made me appreciate all my parents did to make thios old house a warm loving home my earliest memories are of this house and it is an honor for me to follow in my parents footsteps and do what they did. Here  are some shots before we started working.







Here is the rose room with rose wallpaper . The roof leaked last winter so we have to put in new insulation and sheet rock.




In the pink rose room therenis a brick wall that actually is one of the original walls the back part of the house was  an add on  so we are going to make this room our office and make this a focal wall to put my paintings on.



This was one of the other bedrooms we called it the care bear room the ceiling and closet was covered in the care bear wallpaper.and the other walls were covered in wood paneling.










While David was inside I worked on the yard. David also came out and helped move stuff to the back of the house for the trash collectors.



We used my Grandpas lawn mower but it was electric so while I mowed I had to be sure that I did not shock myself by running over the extension cord.


The grass in most of the yard came up to my knees!! It took me almost two hours to mow  the tiny yard. At the end of the day we also fertilized the yard so we hope to make the grass pretty and green again.



Dad making sure safety is always first  he put safety glasses on her and look how stylin she looks!
David was chopping down the trees and overgrown rosebushes and as he was cutting one of them fell just as I was taking the picture.


Look Evia can now fit on the front  porch!!


Here is the little alley by the side of the house I got some of it cleaned but violets covered the bricks 



The reason why we were ripping apart so much stuff was beacause Monday there is a neighborhood pickup  so we tried to rip out what we could . Here is a pile of trash in the neighbors front yard  and now take a look at ours.....


We almost covered the whole back fence!! And we used 9 trash bags to hold all of the bean pods and grass clippings.


When working in the rose room david found and old coal vent and got soot all over his face it was alot worse earlier in the day but he wore parts of it off.





2 comments:

  1. so it looks like you guys are gonna do it! I'm so excited to see the transformation! I'll live vicariously through you- it sounds fun. you guys are perfect to do it-good job on the pictures! evia looks so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Acacia, I don't know how but, your photography skills can even make pictures of an old run down house look beautiful!

    ReplyDelete