Monday, July 04, 2011

Fourth of July Craft corner




Evia is  wearing  the Ruffled Fourth of July onesie and headband. For the onesie I took about eight to 10 inches long and 1 inch thick of fabric  that was red white and blue. I then made a loose running stitch 1/4  of an inch along the top of the fabric sinched the ends together to create the ruffles. I then tacked them into place with pins and used a sewing machine to sew them to the collar and then progressively sewed the other pieces  under each other to create the layered ruffles. Be sure to tuck them far enough under the other ruffle so you cannot see the stitching. I then made three different size yoy yo's 1 inch 2 inch and 3 inch diameter and sewed them together with a navy button  and then glue gunned the flower to the headband. I would have made a cute ruffle for the bum but I was running low on fabric this is a easy project to do especially if you have cute fabric scraps lying around.

No comments:

Post a Comment