Saturday, March 20, 2010


Family Home Evening


Right now our schedules are so all over the place that we are trying to do FHE activities on the weekend instead of Mondays. this one however was a few days in the making we wnet one day to home depot to look around and get out of the hhouse when we  saw the seeds and we decided to try a  little herb and flower garden.I was so excited i remember planting flowers as a kid with my mum  and it made me really excited we were doing it with my own family now.  Yesterday we planted the seeds and our kitchen looks like a green house. We planted one of my favorite oriental poppies,snapdragons,english daisies,Cali poppies, and sweet peas. 





I never really thought fresh herbs make that much of a difference but boy do they ever make food yummy. We watched julie and julia a while ago and boy I think it is getting to my head . I am wanting to cook everything from scratch when just a few weeks ago I was a firm believer in Betty Crocker cake mixes. The Tanners  would be proud of me. Here are the spices we are planting, rosemary,oregano.thyme,basil,parsley,cilantro I can't wait to use them it will be nummy!!


No comments:

Post a Comment