Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Cacias Craft Corner






Here is my newest creation a cute  pear pin cushion. Now remember that this was my first time making it so it looks more like a bloated squash but it dis not turn out to bad It was a very fun project to do I just created a pear shape panel made six of them out of fabric then I cut them out. When all of the pieces are cut out you take two panels and face them right sides facing towards each other then you sew them 1/4 inch along the edge. Repeat this process till all six of your pear shaped panels are sewn together. Leave an opening at the top and bottom for putting your stem and stuffing. Then turn the pear right side out so the front of the fabric is showing. Then I rolled up some brown felt handstitched the edges together then tacked the stem to the top of the pear and took green felt did a blanket stitch around the edges then tacked those onto the stem . Then I stuffed the pear which I probably overstuffed. And to top it off you slip stitch the bottom to make the pear seamless.I will haveto make a cute green one next I made this one for a surprise for  my big sister. I made it out of some scraps she had but it kinds looks dorky so I am going to make her a better one.You should try making the pear using five panels and see how it turns out. Happy Crafting!!

No comments:

Post a Comment