Thursday, March 17, 2011

Our Gardens


Saturday davdi went and took all the trash in the backyard and took it to the dump he did two trips and on the second trip he brought back home a truck load of dart dirt/mulch for only 20.00!! I was so excited it smelled so good of spring and of hard work. So we loaded up the gardens with the mulch and planted all of our bulbs and transplanted the rose bushes and Iris's. we made the gardens bigger and wind around more and they are also raised which looks really nice. I am so excited to see how the yard will look Evia loved taking a shovel and helping me dig in the dirt she was loving it. She also tried to put some garden gloves on and even helped me plant some bulbs.It was awesome at the end of the day when we came in it was so nice knowing we got alot of things accomplished and when I came inside I noticed all of our shoes outside the door covered in mud . It brought back memories of gardening every saturday morning and having dad wake us up with the cougars cheer only a little bit modified and it went something like this. " Rise and shout it's time to get up it is time to weed the garden" Then dad would steam roll over us or use a spray bottle to get us up. I am just so happy to have a place where me and david and evie can start making some fun family memories. So here are some pics of how the garden looks now.






this on the left side of the porch



1 comment: