Saturday, September 08, 2012


Welcome to the world Emerson Paul Tanner


On  July 10th 2012  around one o clock I felt very uncomfortable  and I tried to rest but  was feeling worse every hour it had me very concerned because I was only 35 weeks along and still had five weeks to go but as i felt more pressure i woke David up around four and told  him it was time to go to the hospital. the contractions were very painful and getting stronger as we woke evia up and got ready to leave. we hopped in the truck and as we headed to the hospital  on the way up to the hospital i told david to speed up but evia kept telling david to slow down. and of course we hit all the red lights on the way to the hospital. evia would tell me to take deep breaths it was so cute but i was hurting so bad that i didnt pay much attention. David dropped me up at the front and i  sat in a wheelchair while he parked the car there was noone around except a nurse outside who was waiting for her ride she saw me and ran inside and caled for security to come help except david walked in with evie at that moment. we headed up to the maternity ward and they put me in a roomand got me hooked up to all the monitiors . of course evia was hyper and we called catherine to come and watch her. it seemed to last forver and the pain was so much worse than it was with evia. even tough the contactions were small they felt alot bigger, and trying to stay calm around evia was getting tougher. now i knew around the time of bear lake i was 2cm dialated and they checked and i was around a four.so i had a while to go. catherine came and david took evia downstairs to meet her in the parking garage . the anesthesiologist came quickly . but I was so scared to get the epidural without david but i toughened up and got the epidural while he was downstairs. after the epidural was in i felt alot better of course. then all we had to do was wait.


 you gotta love the epidural  button it is the wand of power!!


heres my sweetie right next to me.

 
 My doctor at five said she was going to be off shift in an hour and she said I wasnt progressing as fast as she would like so they gave me the pertossin to speed things up as soon as soona s i git ti it started to work  around eight we were ready to push and david had to help poor guy. I  was pushing so hard i almost passed out a few times i was so light headed and when I felt i could not push any longer he weould come down more. and before I knew it he was born at 8:29 am he was beautiful and had white hair like evia.  he was 7.4 ounces and 19.5 inches long.He wasnt breathing for a second and the NICU nurse team was on standby  because he was born so early. They took him I didnt get to hold him as he cried he was sucking/ wheezing for air so they put him on a c pap machine to help him breathe. I was so worried and was getting concerned his lungs wern't developed. they needed to keep an eye on him so david went with the nurses to the nursery while i was left alone. panic set in as i st there  wasnt allowed to see him until i had recovered for an hour an a half so the epidural wore off. When i was able to move into a wheel chair they wheeled me to the nursery as i came in the door i was so happy to see david holding our little man and to see he was ok he had already ate in fact he ate 30 ml instead of the typical 10ml. He was beautiful and he had a cute red white and blue hat for july it was so cute. his breathing had improved and he was able to come to our room which was such a miracle. he was fine and nothing was wrong with him.





 on our way  back to our room the nurse went up to the nurse station and told her to play a lullaby. i asked her what that meant and it was so sweet every time a baby is born in the hospital a lullaby is played over the intercom in the hospital in that babies honor  it was so touching i started to cry a little. we went to our room and called our friends and family and the first visitor was grandma and grandpa tanner.

 Emerson we decided to give you  a name that was after two very righteous men Emerson which is my grampy and then paul after your grandpa paul we couldnt think of a better name for you


Snuggling with your grammy

after grandma and grandpa tanner came we were able to go give you a bath 


just as we finished his bath we saw my parents walk by the window and they took these pictures of us















I think my sweet davdi was tired  I had just given birth and I was the only one awake both of my boys were asleep and i think the couch was a little small for him!







No comments:

Post a Comment