Saturday, November 19, 2011


Cacias craft corner



Vintage and desiner fabric banners these fun banners can be used for decorations in your home or for parties or for childrens rooms. I start off with a semi circle pattern or a triangle you can make them any size you want I just made mine smaller so you could get a variety of fabrics. for mine I cut out at least 20-25 pieces of fabric. Be sure to make the pattern 1/4 of an inch bigger than what you want the final shape to be to take in account for seam allowances.I trace out the pattern on fabric then cut them out then i take the two pieces and pin them together right sides facing towards each other. then sew 1/4 inch around the edge then turn the fabric inside out. I iron the fabric so it lays flat as possible. I take a 1 inch wide ribbon and iron it in half to create the strand.Take your fabric pieces and space them almost end to end and pin them into place long the seam of the ribbon.Then proceed to sew along the ridge of the bottom of the ribbon.

No comments:

Post a Comment