Tuesday, September 07, 2010


Swap Meet Extravaganza!!


Now apart form my husband the people I know who can get the most for their buck is my family especially my mum and dad. When my dad would take us to the swap meet as kids he would dress us up all grubby and do our hair crazy and then when we would go to buy a my little pony or a toy he would tell the person  almost like Oliver " Please sir we only have fifty cents" Which in fact i did only had fity cents in my hand and the poor guy would have pity on us and give us the pony for 50 cents. My dad was  a genius and he can play up the guilt card and he can get a screamin deal. So garagee sales  and swap meets are in the berntsen blood.
And we took Evia to her first one a few weeks ago. Some of the things you can find at a swap meet are..


Nice tight jeans  meant to only fit  asian people and revealing hispanic tops


Ther are plenty of Saint Mary pictures to adorn any wall of your home


Nice spices and foods you cannot even tell what they are or pronounce them
 

 You can also find wonderful 20 thread count rugs


Or just plain old junk
But amongst all of these their can be diamonds in the rough.
One: just having a fun time with family and making fun of some of the things that people are selling. 
Two: fining things that really are treasures that day I found a cool old wine container I want to use to help accent our living room. We found some fun rings for decoration  and for crafts. and ketty found some old vintage books  that she was thrilled about . and for evias birthday mom and dad found a pony that she can jump in for only 5 bucks . and boy does she love it!!


She started to whine and then cried when we took her off




Ketty had a redneck twinkle in her eye when she saw these car pads




No comments:

Post a Comment